Thursday, November 19, 2009

Java

This past week in both my classes we discussed and/or used Java. I was very nervous going into this because I have not used Java since finishing my introductory classes about 4 months ago. And in the course of my work day, I don't have the opportunity to use any programming language other than HTML. But to my surprise, I was familiar with just about everything that was discussed. This is a big deal because for everything else we have done this semester, I am the one that has brought up the tail end (basically I have been clueless). But I on this I think I know what is going on!

Another interesting thing I learned about this past week is Google Wave. Right now it is by invitation only and I sure wish I would be invited. Google Wave is "an online tool for real-time communication and collaboration." Some of the suggested uses of Wave include; organizing events, group projects, photo sharing, meeting notes, brainstorming, and interactive games. Basically, it is an online realtime product to be used any time you need to collaborate or communicate with someone whether they are in the next cube or across the country. Several of my classmates were invited to "join the Wave" and we had a brief demonstration. To me it was similar to a webinar but more interactive. I really like this product from Wave, and as I said before, I can't wait to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment