Wednesday, September 9, 2009

News Aggregation and Its Long Term Effects

It should be aggravation rather than aggregation. Trying to determine which blogs/feeds to follow can be tedious at times, informative most of the time, and occasionally you run across someone who thinks s/he has something worth reading but it is really just a self-promoting venue. And the only way to determine which feeds are worth your time is to read them.

I think I have chosen some good ones that will help me as I try to learn good web design and web programming. I come from a business background not a technical one, so I like the business aspects of the internet but knowing the technical side is a plus that can do nothing by enhance the business side.

I want (probably need) to move away from my "comfort zone" regarding the business side of internet technology. This means I will have to embrace the technology and run with it. Who knows I might just like it. There are certainly many people in my class who are proficient in this technology, I am in awe at times at the depth of their knowledge and skill. Slowly, I am learning the language so I can join in the discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment